OUR ALMA MATER
It was in January , 1853 that Manor House was bought, and the same year, our first Principal, Rev Fr Barry received students and began classes. In 1863, St Fidelis School was started when 29 children were transferred from the Catholic Orphan Asylum at Shimla with Fr Macken as the first Principal of both the schools. The Patrician Brothers from Ireland took over the reigns of both the schools in 1893 with Br. Stapelton as the first Principal.
He was succeeded in 1893 with Br. Byrne and after him, Br. Haverly, who levelled the top of the hill and made what is now called the "Top Flat".
The year 1948 saw the amalgamation of both the schools which were now called St George's College. The infrastructure of the school grew over the years and most notable additions were the Science Laboratories(1925), Chiming Clock that rings the Westminister Chimes at every quarter hour(1937), Whytebank Castle and Brooklands Estate with Whimpers Pool(1939), Auditorium(1942), Workshop for mechanics and hobbies(1967),...and still growing.